The Basics - What are Evolution, Creationism and Intelligent Design
- PBS: What is Evolution? - A basic faq of what evolution actually claims
- BBC: What is Creationism? - An in depth look what creationism is and it’s impact around the world
- NCSE: What is Intelligent Design? - A brief history of intelligent design and creationism and what ID advocates promote today
- NCSE: The Creation/Evolution Continuum - Exposing the myth that if you accept evolution you can’t believe in god and that the choice between creationism and evolution is dichotomous
Useful Sites and Articles
- Talk Origins: The best resource for evolution information and creationist refutations on the internet. Be sure to check out their FAQ, section on human evolution, observed speciation and near exhaustive index of refutations to creationist arguments.
- PBS: Evolution - A comprehensive look at evolution including media of all kinds
- UCBerkeley: Understanding Evolution - All encompassing site with huge resources. Evolution 101 and their resource library are particularly exceptional.
- NCSE: The home of the a prominent defender of teaching evolution in U.S. schools
- Smithsonian Museum: Human Evolution - A great collection of the evidence for human evolution with a nice collection of multimedia
- New Scientist: Evolution: 24 Myths - A look at common myths spread to discredit evolution and to promote creationism
- Panda’s Thumb: Missing link: “cdesign proponentists” - Hard evidence that intelligent design is just rebranded creationism
- Conspiracy Science: Darwin Myths - Not that it matters because the evidence for evolution stands on its own but this site exposes the deception and lies behind many popular myths about Charles Darwin
- QualiaSoup - Evolution, Irreducible Complexity Cut Down to Size and Rebuttals: Irreducible Complexity - Explaining what evolution does and doesn’t claim and where the popular argument irreducible complexity falls short
- Ken Miller: Bacterial Flagellum, Human Chromosome 2, Evolution and Religion - A few brief clips of Miller taking up common issues
- Don Exodus: Let’s Test Them: Evolution vs. Creationism - A brief look at the predictions the two make and which side the evidence comes down on
- Miscellaneous Common Issues: Evolution of the Eye, How Dating Works, "If We Came From Apes Why Are There Still Apes?" and "Kinds Only Bring Forth Their Own Kind"
Lengthy Videos, Lectures & Series
- Yale: Principles of Evolution, Ecology and Behavior - An entire free semester long course that lays out the basics of evolution
- PBS: Intelligent Design on Trial - A NOVA documentary about the famous Dover vs Kitzmiller trial which shows exactly effectively banished intelligent design from U.S. schools
- Ken Miller: On Intelligent Design - A primary witness at the Dover trial retells the story and explains in great detail why intelligent design is not science
- Collaborative Effort: 15 Questions for Evolutionists Pamphlet Answered - A pamphlet touted by Creation Ministries featuring 15 common questions about evolution is answered
- NCSE: Creationism vs Evolution and Evolution of Creationism - Examining the tactics and history of the creationist movement.
- Richard Dawkins - Growing Up in the Universe: Designed and Designoid Objects & Climbing Mount Improbable - A lecture series on the universe and our place in it
- Potholer54: Made Easy Series - Natural Selection, Theory of Evolution, Human Evolution and Human Ancestry - The series looks at the history of the universe and the development of life on earth
- AronRa: Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism Series - An extensive look at all the deception that has to take place by professional creationists
- Don Exodus: How Evolution Works Series - A walk-through showing how evolution works