This is a collection of my responses to common arguments for belief in god(s). This is
- “What if You’re Wrong” (Pascal’s Wager)
- “I Can’t Explain That” Arguments (Arguments from Ignorance)
- “God is Love”
- “We Can’t Use Our Logic to Judge God”
- “I Have Personally Experienced God”
- “The Bible or Qur’an Says So” Arguments
- “The Qur’an is Poetically Unmatched”
- “They Said People Would Disagree With Me”
- “Fulfilled Prophecies Prove My Religion is True”
- First Cause/Cosmological Argument
- Kalam Cosmological Argument (A Second Reply)
- Argument from Design/Teleological Argument
- Paley’s Watchmaker
- Moral Arguments
- Ontological Argument
- Transcendental Argument for God (TAG)
Arguments Against Naturalism
Attacks on Atheism
- “Atheism is a Religion/Atheism Requires Faith”
- “Hitler, Pol Pot and Stalin Were Atheists”
- “Believing Makes Life Enjoyable/Without God Life Would Be Meaningless”
- “You Don’t Really Not Believe in God, You Just Hate God”
- “You’ll Believe When You Are Dying”
This list is not final, there will be additions to it, and many of these formal arguments have popular variations which I may address in the future. A pocket version, a single post without links, will become available when I finally get around to it.
Additionally here is a reason why I don’t think there should even be debate about the existence of gods, a generous challenge to any believer of a specific religion in which I grant you a general god, an explanation as to why near-death experiences aren’t even good reason to believe in a soul let alone a god and here’s list of reasons why I will positively say the Biblical god does not exist.
P.S. I’d be happy to expand this to cover any reasons that don’t appear here. These also are the only posts on my blog which are changed after the original posting for anything other than basic grammatical errors and they are subject to extensive expansion and clarification where necessary (especially some of the very early posts).
Have questions or critiques about my arguments? Leave me a message in my inbox.
Last Edited 9/3/12